This listing is for a three session Intermediate Swatch Sampler Class. These classes will be held in person at Bistitchual on Saturday, November 18, 25, and December 2, from 3:00-4:30pm.
This class is the perfect next step for beginner knitters, as it will teach you many new techniques that you will use often in future projects.
In this 3 part class, instructor Chad Lewis, will guide you as you make 3 different swatches that focus on striping, slipping, and shaping.
Some of the techniques you will learn include:
● Pattern Reading
● Gauge: How to achieve correct size
● Knitting with multiple colours
● How to work slip stitches
● How to make I-cord edges and bind offs
● Increasing and decreasing to form shape
Materials: Yarn will be provided in class. All you need to bring are needles. We will use a size US7 / (4.5mm). You can use either straight or circular needles for this class. If you are using straight needles, make sure they are at least 9” long, and circular needles at least 24” in length.
Skills Required: Cast on, knit, purl, and bind off.
Please note that classes will only proceed if we have a minimum of two attendees. If the minimum is not met, there will be the option for a refund or to reschedule.
There will be a six person maximum for each class.
Classes must be paid for at the time of registration to reserve your spot.
- If cancelled 48 hrs or more prior to the start of the class will be given a store credit. Classes cancelled less than 48 hrs prior to the start of the class will not be reimbursed.